Monday, September 26, 2011

Cannot come much closer....

"You are my really really dear and close friend, Kostas Katsarós! You were the very first man I really made a close friend with. Many years ago. And I mean many! We still are close. Busy with family, busy with work, have meant that we have not done so many things together, but have had many talks into the early hours of the morning, always finding a way to meet. 
"Kindness and care for others. A trade mark for you, Kostas". This morning was great, at Sunset and you daily swim adventure with the kids and friend and Marianthi at work from 09.00. I asked also you about the work life of yours. May-October, no free days.  Up at 08.00 taking the kids for swimming after breakfast. Back at 13.00. Work at Tasalikis stin platía. In Petra to 17.00 and then to new Tsalikis up to 01.00 in the morning and much later when weddings parties or baptising ot birthdays... 
"And then I can hardly sleep because of all energies keeping me up"...
Helping  parents with olive harvesting in the Winter. Any new plans, my friend? "Yes, renting fields in Skalochóri, Petra and Eftalou with a friend of mine". 
"Never thinking of leaving the island for bigger cities?" "Why, no never. Here I have safety for me and the families, all my friends, the work, the upbringing of the kids. Nothing really missing here what you find in bigger cities and we have the incredible beauty of Lesvos. That is why you are here so much too, Torsten, right?" I did not need to answer, really. Just nodded....  
Another part coming up another day, a trip into the past with the family of yours!
What a September morning sea!
Kids after swim


What else but kindness. I made a joke with you there!
Peaceful 


Trustworthiness


You are fabulous with children

"Feels good with Dad's arm there, right Fotis?"

Contemplating young girls, growing fast...

I remember we talked about something that was of great concern to both of us....

No comments:

Post a Comment